This is a summation of the continuing work achieved by the Waitaha Grandmothers Executive Grandmothers Council. In no way does it cover the consistent and extensive hours of work.
- 17th July: Tuesday. Pakanai Marae and Opononi Hall.
- 22nd July: Auckland Maori District Council. Awataha Marae. Northcote.
- 23rd July: Kaikohe RSA Hikoi of Claimants disconnected from Settlement of Ngapuhi.
- 3rd August. Urgency Hearing in Waitangi Tribunal For MACA.
- 13th-14th August. Freshwater Hearing. Monday/Tuesday.
- 18th – 21st August. International Womens Peace Group.
- 26th August. Caroline Robinson (CABAL) Regenesis focus of change internationally for environmental care.
- 28th August. International Caucus of Women. Ministry of Women.
- 28th August. Fresh Water Rescue Plan meeting.
- 10th September. Regenesis & Carol Sanford teleconference.
- 22nd September. UN Women AGM.
- 1st October: Te Miringa, Kathy, Mere and Paihere attended a hui at Kohewhata Marae, kaikohe. Te Miringa Reported.
A new remand service was launched in Northland for young offenders whose crimes were serious enough to be locked up for, while awaiting trial.
Last year, of 500 nationwide, 28 youths were from Tai Tokerau region, 26 of them Maori- were remanded into the custody of Oranga Tamariki.
This pilate service, called Mahuru, aims to keep youth out of jail by putting them into the homes of caregivers with wrap- around social and justice services and a strong emphasis on tikanga Ngapuhi.
- 10th October: Submission to support legislation against prospecting for petrol, exploration and mining permits offshore and onshore NZ.
- 11th October. WEGC Grandfather Milan Ruka receives Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit at Government House.
- 14th October. Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade Submission.
- 23rd October. Human Rights Commission. Advised on presenting submissions to pre-sessions for review of efforts at confirming standards of Human Rights as a State Member of the UN.
- 30th October. WEGC & Mana Tamariki present recommendations to the existing Family Law System. Evidence that the present system continues the domestic abuse of women and children even into the Court rooms.
- 31st October. meeting regarding connecting migrants with tangata whenua groups.
- 2 November. Jane and Te Miringa, invited and attended Meeting with the Minister for Regional Development.
- 8 November. Law passed; no further Exploration of Oil or Mining.Austrian based/ Owned/registered Company OMV has Outstanding Consents in Four areas of NZ one of which is designated for action in 2019.
- 9 November. Freshwater Enquiry Closing Submission.
- 10 November. UN Womens National Committee Board Meeting.
- 13 November. International Caucus of Women.
- 14 November. WEGC members;Annie BottcherShay WolfJane.Meet and accompany Aboriginal Kaumatua Allan Parson and 14 other Australians and NZ’ers to arranged visit with Parihaka Papakainga and tangata whenua.
- 14 November. Ngaire Te Hira Kuia for Tamaki Makaurau together with Mairi Gunn combine to connect Immigrant women in West Auckland to tangata whenua. WEGC in support.
- 21 December 2018 Submission ISDS Protocols MFAT.
- 21 December 2018 Submission Plant Variety Rights Act Review.